Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Up, up, 'n ...UP!

Burn baby burn!

I have hardly any internet time...its actually been 6 days since I could check my email, and the past 3 nights we've had no cell phone reception.

The journey so far has been AWESOME! 350 miles in, 3 states, 100 dance parties, 1 bottle of baby creme, 100 massage trains, 8 AMAZING hosts, 2 heartfelt build days, and enough pasta to fill a swimming pool...

My fingernails are eternally black from up-keep on my bike, my mouth is always chock full of food, and my quads have gone from 'sore' to 'painful' after our 76 mile day today.

The hills in the Adirondacks were tough. Not only did we summit 2109 ft on our 4th day of riding, but we also spent the next 3 days climbing significant 'small' mountains - often in the rain.

My 'granny' gear has really been a life saver! Though my legs spin in a whirl on my bike when I've got 'er kicked into granny gear, my whole body has thanked me for getting a "triple" rather than a "double" derailler ... It may take 45 minutes...but heck, i'm getting up that mountain!

Thanks for all the support, both in snail mail & facebook posts. You guys are great... My team has raised over $149,000 and Friday we have another build day set up. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment